FAITH is a Crosswind outreach program providing housing to homeless displaced women and children who don't qualify for other means of housing. Our working definition of "homeless" is an individual or family who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. With no shelter in our area, Crosswind has reached out to fill the void and help stabilize these broken families. F.A.I.T.H. provides housing and assists with job procurement in addition to providing financial, spiritual and psychological counseling. This program, administered with a relationship-based approach and strict guidelines, is not a "hand out" but rather a "hand up" offering a return to an independent life, usually within a 6 month period.
The Crosswind Board provides guidance and oversight to the Executive Director and staff in measuring progress toward meeting specific measurable goals. Monthly reviews evaluate benchmarks (client permanent housing obtained, client job interviews, client jobs obtained, financial training completed, counseling secured and completed, legal issues resolved and client exit plan initiation).
Ideal F.A.I.T.H. clients are individuals who have a deep desire to "work" their way out of their present housing and broken situation. We look to help the drug-free homeless that are living on the street, in their car or in other places not intended for human habitation. We want to help people help themselves.
Volunteering or donating to FAITH will assist Crosswind:
- Help marginalized and hurting people acquire housing in a safe environment.
- Assist with client employment search and job procurement.
- Assist with client financial guidance and accountability.
- Provide relationship-based care through a structured step-by-step plan.
- Pay utilities on the program apartment units (we furnish electricity and water).
- Purchase/deliver necessities (toiletries and hygiene items)
- Purchase/deliver occasional food supplies.
- Purchase/deliver occasional furnishings (usually donated, Crosswind sometimes has to purchase items for the apartments like linens, light bulbs etc.).
- Help transport participants to doctor visits or job interviews if no personal transportation available.
- Help with the construction and furnishing of new FAITH community units.
Crosswind is presently in the fund raising and planning stages for the construction of a new FAITH Community Development. Property has been purchased and initial 2016 construction will consist of site planning and the building of two duplex homes (housing four families/clients). If you are interested in being a part of the FAITH team with partnership ideas, real estate or start-up capital...please contact Crosswind at
Crosswind would like to extend a special thank you to MUTEH and
CREATE/The Pierce Foundation for the donation of funds supporting our F.A.I.T.H. Program.